Before you begin:
1. Put yourself on a Stress Scale 0-10. Zero is totally relaxed. Ten is totally tense.
2. Slow down your breathing and inflate an imaginary balloon in your belly. Then let the air out, slowly and gently.
3. Continue to breathe slowly and deeply while you scan down your body as follows:
- Relax between your eyes; stop frowning.
- Relax your upper lip and the inside of your mouth and tongue
- Drop your shoulders
- Relax the palms of your hands
- Relax your knees
- Maintain the slow deep breathing, filling and emptying the balloon.
- Move your attention to your feet. Feel the ground pressing up against the soles of your feet, and imagine them getting wider and longer.
- Now, repeat the body scan, and as you do, let all tension drain down and out through the roots to the gently flowing river of life beneath them:
- Relax the space between your eyes.
- Relax your upper lip, tongue, and insides of your mouth.
- Drop the shoulders.
- Relax the palms of your hands.
- Relax your knees.
- Feel the ground beneath your feet.
- Grow the roots.
- All tension drains down through the roots to the river and is swept away gently as the river flows and carries away your stress.
When you do this exercise you train your brain to be fully aware of your physical state. Regular repetition of this exercise teaches teach you how to interrupt stress before it overcomes you and changes your brain.
Do you want to feel this good all the time?
Now you can! Dr. Beth Cujé, therapist and author of the book Become the Person You Were Meant to Be, gives you the chance to download its first chapter for FREE. This exercise is just one of many life-changing tools you will learn in it. Just click here and confirm what the Choice-Cube Method can do for you.